Customer Resources

Are you a person with a disability considering work? You can work! We can help!

NYESS Locator Map

Through the NYESS collaborative network you can get free employment services and benefits advisement.

find an agency near you

Ticket to Work and NYESS

Ticket-to-Work (TTW) is a free program that helps Social Security Administration (SSA) beneficiaries get work and achieve financial independence. Individuals ages 18-64 who receive SSDI and/or SSI may qualify. Ready to work? Get started today.

NYESS helps SSA beneficiaries obtain work through employment services provided by America’s Job Centers (New York State Department of Labor, Career Centers) and participating community agencies.

Want to know how working will impact your SSA benefits? We have Disability Resource Coordinators who can help you better understand your benefits, and help you get your first job, a new job, or a better job.

NYSDOL Career Centers services include:

  • Resume writing Support
  • Interview Skills
  • Labor Market Information
  • Identifying Employment and Training Opportunities
  • Benefits Advisement

Find the Career Center in your area to connect with a Disability Resource Coordinator.

Public Benefits

Do you qualify for public benefits? Use this Public Benefit Screening to find out.

Work Incentives

The YTIOnline SSI Benefits Calculator shows how your benefits may change, if:

  • you are working
  • you receive SSI benefits

The SSA Red Book is your go-to source for all information regarding SSA benefits, related health insurance, and how income will affect your benefits.

The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) helps low to moderate-income workers and families get a tax break. Claiming the credit can reduce the tax you owe and may also give you a larger refund.

Want to work and keep your Medicaid? There are two major programs you should explore – 1619(b) and MBI-WPD.

Which Medicaid program is right for me?

You are earning up to $52,286 in wages
annually and have less than $2,000 in resources;
You are earning wages up to $73,932
in wages annually and have/want to have resources up to $30,182;
have a qualifying disability;have a qualifying disability;
are currently receiving a SSI cash payment;have not received a SSI cash payment
in the last 36 months;
are no longer receiving a SSI Cash
Payment due to earned income but have in the previous 36 months;
have received SSI within the last 36 months but want to have greater earnings and savings capacity;
want access to free Medicaid!want access to free Medicaid!

Section 301 of the Social Security Act is a rule that allows you to continue receiving SSI/SSDI even if you are no longer considered disabled by SSA. To be eligible for continued SSI or SSDI benefits under Section 301, you must be a part of one or more of the following:

  • a vocational rehabilitation program
  • the Ticket-to-Work program
  • be engaged in another qualifying rehabilitation program
  • have an SSA approved PASS Plan
  • have an Individualized Education Plan

Use the Section 301 Template Letter to communicate with your local SSA Field Office about potential Section 301 eligibility.

Department of Labor Resources

The Department of Labor has websites to help you explore careers, look for jobs, and create job seeker profiles. CareerZone and JobZone sites help connect job seekers with jobs that fit their unique skills.

CareerZone is a career exploration tool, designed for individuals who have little to no work history and need a place to start. Visit the DOL Career Development page or go to the CareerZone website.

JobZone is a similar tool but geared towards job seekers with a work history. For help on getting the most of this powerful resource, visit the DOL Career Development page.

If you are looking for employment, access the Department of Labor’s New York State Job Bank to find open positions near you.